Exceptional Education Calendar
MFCS Special Education Program employs caring educators who have demonstrated their passion for working with our children; through the traditional concept of K’e; our staff embraces each student as a unique being. Special Education Program staff fully understands the importance of family, hence, we implement outreach activities and delivery of instructional/related services with strong emphasis on parental involvement. Staff are culturally oriented and have implemented culturally relevant activities that can enhance both student and parent’s academic endeavors. Special Education Program staff ensures compliance to the standards, hence the curriculum and their teaching strategies are designed to ensure each student is given the opportunity to reach his/her potential and ability to become a productive community member.
Message from SPED Teacher/Coordinator:
Seasons Greetings! I would like to begin with saying thank you for your continuous support and involvement in you child’s education. As we end 2nd Quarter of School Year 2018-2019, I am happy to report that we have made student growth and progress as evident in the students’ IXL reports and observations in the testing administration of FALL 2018 NWEA.
- As of 12/11/2018, MFCS hire a K-4th Grade Special Education Teacher, Roger Halwood. Mr. Halwood will case manage all K-4th Grades Special Education matters. Mr. Halwood comes to us with 39 years of experiences. Do stop by, say hi and introduce yourself to your Childs Special Education Teacher.
- Free Trainings will continue. See SPED Calendar.
- After-school Tutoring services available Monday through Wednesdays
- Practices and implementation of Responsive to Intervention will continue.
- Contracted School based related derive providers for Speech, Physical, and Occupational Therapy will be available. It also includes contract with a school Psychologist.
- Open door policy to every parent should you have questions either a concern; my work hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Fridays when school is in session.
In conclusion, I would like to encourage parents to come and meet us so we can share our highlights and experiences that we shared with you as your child’s second teachers. Thank You!
Sincerely, Ms. Marlene Laughter, Special Education Teacher/Coordinator